Who's up for a scavenger hunt? In the October-December issue of Bay Nature magazine there is a quote from Andrea Mackenzie, the Chair of the Bay Area Open Space Council. Can you find it?
Do African Americans go camping? For the answer, click here to see a video about Outdoor Afro on ABC7.
- Gov. Jerry Brown approves two-year moratorium on state park closures. Governor Brown signed a bill Tuesday that puts a two-year moratorium on closing state parks in California and allocates $30 million in recently discovered surplus funds to help them continue operation. (LA Times)
- A great resource for all news related to the State Parks crisis can be found here on the Sacramento Bee.
- After Graduating From College, It’s Time to Plow, Plant and Harvest. Statistics show that more people are going into agriculture these days. (NY Times)
- How Much Tech Can San Francisco Take? An interesting discussion on Forum and an article in San Francisco Magazine about the culture of the Bay Area and how it relates to many things, including philanthropy. (Forum and San Francisco Magazine)
- Ferry Plaza at 20: Interview with Sibella Kraus. A look back at the start of the San Francisco Ferry Building with our suite-mate. (Civil Eats)
- Event: Climate Smart Actions for Natural Resource Managers. Join others in the field to talk about climate change, hear case studies, and request information on November 29. (Bay Area Ecological Climate Change Consortium)
Every Wednesday we find stories about land conservation and we share them here. You can scroll through past Happenings right here.
We're over on Instagram and we're having fun.