Have you been to one of our Gatherings?
We hold them every other month on a topic related to land conservation. For many moons it was at the Log Cabin in the Presidio. In recent years we've regularly packed the Brower Center in Berkeley. For our Fall Gathering on September 20 - that's this Thursday! - we're trying something new. We're headed to San Jose!
On Thursday from 10am-1pm we'll be talking about sustainable agriculture in Santa Clara, San Mateo and Santa Cruz Counties with a distinguished panel including:
- Melissa Hippard, Greenbelt Alliance
- Sibella Kraus, Sustainable Agriculture Education
- Kathryn Lyddan, Brentwood Agricultural Land Trust, moderator
- Andrea Mackenzie, Santa Clara County Open Space Authority
- Kellyx Nelson, San Mateo County Resource Conservation District
- Jennifer Scheer, Santa Clara County Farm Bureau
We'll be at the San Pedro Square Market in the big open space next to B2 Coffee. Enter through the doors on West St John Street under this sign and directly under this clock:
We'll be in there. All 100+ of us. If you haven't already signed up, right this very second is the time to do so. We only have 10 more spots left!
Share on Twitter what is growing in that field above with #ieatlocal and win a delicious recipe for cooking said plant. Get directions to the San Pedro Square Market on Transit & Trails. Parking information can be found here. And come back to this blog Thursday morning to watch it all unfold.